History of the park

Rate this item
(2 votes)

The park was founded during World War II - in 1936.

Associated with parks tragic story - in the yard of the NKVD, which bordered the park, there were mass executions of Soviet citizens in 1937-38 and until 1941, thousands of corpses of the slain were hidden right inside the park. The total number of exhumed bodies in the investigation of crimes of Soviet power in the time of independence of Ukraine reached 10 thousand.

During the Nazi occupation during the German-Soviet war park was completely destroyed. Dark pages of the recent past in the Soviet Union were enveloped by total silence.

January 24, 1945 after the liberation from Nazi invaders park resumes its work. An active cultural and educational activities of the park, taking care of the organization of leisure vinnichan led to the fact that in 1969 by the Ministry of Culture of USSR Park became methodical center 4 provinces and known as "Central".

For meaningful cultural, sports and recreation activities, the level of accomplishment park repeatedly awarded with commemorative banners, pennants, diplomas, medals and diplomas. Thus, in the years 1986-89 Park was awarded the red flag of the USSR Ministry of Culture, which was transferred to the park for life. In 1986, the park staff was awarded the Diploma of the Presidium of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine for the 50th anniversary of the founding of the park. For 40 years, his performances graced all citywide celebrations and festivities Ensemble "Melody" in the Park (in the Summer Theater).

At the time of independence (since 1991) in the years of economic shock therapy - 1990s that affected the desolation of the park due to lack of funds to maintain it in good condition, in the late 1990s - in the 2000s, park them. Gorky again got the status of the central area of leisure and recreation vinnitsia people and visitors alike, repaired and restored rides, built new attractions opened new dining (restaurant "Europe"), and in 2008 the park opened rink with artificial turf covered such as "Ice club".

It is hard to imagine the city without this wonderful park. It is always good - in the summer , young leaves and green robe filled the golden rays of the spring sun , or in the glare of the snow sparkling tents or in autumn orange . Peoples of Vinnitsia for generations rightly proud of their unique green oasis in the heart that is a perfect holiday destination and entertainment.

Read 2043 times

Park of Culture and Rest named after Maxim Gorky located in Vinnitsya city - between the streets of the Cathedral (center), May Day and Khmelnytsky highway.

The park is 40 hectares.

In the park there are numerous monuments (Gorky at the main entrance ,soldiers in Afghanistan ,Sich Riflemen, killed police officers), and "Walk illustrious countrymen" are objects of leisure and recreation: a concert hall "Rainbow", a summer theater, stadium, ice club, city planetarium, numerous attractions and gaming machines.

For more than 70 years history of the park has always been a place of celebration as the general public and local/municipal events and holidays. Fine tradition was held in the park folk festivals and holidays is particularly on City Day, Victory Day, Independence Day and more.